Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Prompt 4: Change your world (LW)

I was thinking how I wanted to affect my "wide world", my friends, in a positive way of course, and I immediately thought of a song, a song I share with every new people I meet and I like, I care about, a song like a gift, because it's like a "bubble", as it's said in the title it allows to breathe, to lose one's grip, for a short moment certainly, but still, a moment of quiet and peace is always good to take.
So Peter Fend has huge plans for all the humanity, I admire his will, his determination and his courage, I have no such plans but I'm trying to act at my level, around me, with music, I do not make this music, it's the tragedy of my life, but I'm trying to share with the ones I love the music which makes me feel good, to try to make them feel god too. I think this two "levels" have the similar importance, both have to be done, everyone has to try to make things go better, as he can.
Also I noticed that this song is appreciated by everyone, no matter the style of music they have. I like thinking it's a universal song :)
So I hope you're like it too! :

Breathe - The Cinematic Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment