Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Prompt 4: Change your world (AY)

























This week I tried to think of how the event I had last Thursday may have been "influential" in a different way I thought it would be. Since I am not yet sure it was taken in the way I intended or if it was interesting in that way.. i tried to think more simply and socially in terms of the people the event brought together and their interactions. I made this chart from watching the footage from the event and asking people about to follow up. In any case, it reflects connections that were made within one space and within one time, and that's a form of being "influential".

2 comments: