Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Prompt 5 | Why I do.

It’s nice to be noticed
nicer to be complimented
not bad to be criticized
because at least
someone
is
paying
attention
I want to show the world
a glimpse into my life
what I think
what I do
who I’m with
where I am
it makes me feel
connected
to strangers
but connected nonetheless
to someone
anyone
I want them to know about me
to think about me
I want to make them know
what I love
what I hate
I have so much to share
I need to tell somebody
what I’m feeling
what I’m doing
how I’m doing
who I’m doing
it’s my outlet
my sense of expression
and I want you all
to know
feel
understand
relate to
judge
pay attention to me




No comments:

Post a Comment