Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Psychic Analysis


1.     When the absence of space becomes space
2.     Time
3.     Memory
4.     Perception v. Reality
5.     When the brain establishes connections between unrelated subjects (especially in surrealism) and what those connections mean
6.     Symbols
7.     Communication with line
8.     The atmosphere created by light
9.     Warped perspective with line
10. Conveying emotion visually
11. Communicating a narrative through picture
12. Drawing
13. Painting
14. Printmaking
15. Photoshop
16. Napa Vineyards
17. Microbreweries
18. Longboard Factory
19. Kickstarter Telekinetic Robot
20. Championship season shirts
21. Watercolor
22. Acrylic
23. Charcoal
24. Ink Drawings
25. Youth
26. The Youth is Starting to Change
27. “I wish that I could swim and sleep like a shark does. I’d fall to the bottom and I’d hide till the end of time. In that sweet, cold darkness. Asleep and constantly floating away.”
28. “I wish that I could break and bend like the world does. I’d fall to the bottom and I’d chase all my dreams away. And I’d let you crush me. My dreams would be constantly melting away.”
29. “So good at being in trouble so bad at being in love”
30. Swimming
31. Freediving
32. Industrialization
33. Relationships
34. Organic shapes
35. Athleticism in the human body

No comments:

Post a Comment