Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Friday, October 4, 2013



I tore up the bible to make my own new testament. Playing with the idea of what happens when texts are fragmented and how meaning is changed, I decided to take one of the most holy texts (to some) and twist its words. I did not change the content: merely switched it around. Context is just as important as content. Order matters. I guess changing this could make me to some a monster. Blasphemous. Ironically when read as what it is: I am in fact spreading a message as some of the most conservative. Guess this is a monster in the eyes of the beholder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment