Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Black Paintings

Belle [short version]

I miss
I miss
I miss

I miss your warm touch...
I miss you holding

I miss your face,
more,
I miss your smile,
prelude to a kiss,
enveloped in cherry lips,
sweeter than honey,
I miss

I miss you being you
and me being me
me with you
I miss
I miss...
I miss making memories
your everything
combined with my nothing
Us
I miss

I miss
I miss

I miss

You. I miss You.
Simply because you are you. 

I originally planned on posting parts of a very heavy screenplay titled "In the Dark," based on my days in the Army, but erred on the side of caution, because this is academia after all. So, instead I went with this edited version of Belle, a love poem. Even though it is the short version, I believe the brokenness of the protagonist manages to come across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment