Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Prompt 8

Things I need:
- Perspective

Things I want:
- Good health
- Good food
- People I care about
- People who care about me

I know this prompt is making a list of things we want/need for our work. But I don't know what I want to do yet. I have worked at a factory, a chemistry lab, in food service, tech services, run my own photography business, and more (I've never known what I want to do). In all of these industries, I have learned that the things I listed are the ones that are important to me. I can be happy without a lot of things, like a computer, or without a room of my own. I can't be happy without good health, good food (my greatest passion in life), and my friends/family. I need the perspective because sometimes I forget that these are the only important things, and then I start thinking I need things that I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment