Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Images and objects



An image is an extract of our visual life, the result of an hard selection. In my artistic practice I choose some objects, I take it and I exhibit it in a conventional exhibition space.

In fact, I don't ever choose my object just by myself. My objects beg me to take it. So, sometimes, even if it's a banality, I feel that my object choose me. In fact, before the object, I'm sensitive about an image of it. In this case the first image is like a scream from the reality..."See me ! Take me ! I'm unique !".

It was the same storie for this "screaming pole", a storie of image, before a storie of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment