Visual Arts, Columbia University, New York

This course examines ways of looking and ways of seeing, both personally & professionally as artists and in a larger cultural context. Through field trips to contemporary art and other cultural sites, conversations with visiting critical thinkers and practicioners, readings, discussions, and visual & written responses, we will examine how we look, think, act, create and respond--critically questioning our own artistic practices and ways of looking at the world.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

group show/ community projet I'm in ~opening this friday~


Hi all,

I have two paintings in a community project space/group show in East New York in Brooklyn and wanted to invite yall to its opening this Friday from 6-9. Arts East New York, the center where the works will be shown, is focused around three components: community beautification, arts education, and special events (basically social justice through art, I think). Here's its mission statement: http://artseastny.org/?page_id=91
From what I've heard there'll be pastries and wine and cute things like that at the opening. 
Aaand here's the flyer/description for the show which I'll be in, Off the Street, which asks what happens to street art when taken out of its original context. http://artseastny.org/?page_id=134
I'm planning on leaving campus at around 5:30 on Friday and would super love for people to come with!
my number: 510 418 0925

(my thing on the front of this!!)

1 comment: